View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 04:16 PM
Starting a New

Bikes: 1980 Schwinn Continental and an old springer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Depending on where you are 135 is not that bad since they store needs to make a living.. I recently started working on a bike my son left in the garage and like the way it rode. It was worth maybe 100.00 tops & I already spent 100 on some new parts to clean it up.
About 8 years ago I pulled a 40 year old Scwhinn ten speed out of my mothers fruit cellar that my brother bough new. Back then maybe worth 200.00.. I put at least that into it with new cables, tubes, tires and a descent seat.
Moral of the story the 10 speed looks like it did in 1980 and I love to ride it. The new project after I paint it will have double of what it would cost to buy somewhere into it but I would have done it..

Value negative dollars but personal value priceless.. If you can afford it and kids like it....Nice project with dad to dismantle, lube, clean ect.. SOS pads work great on chrome. Maybe use some simple green first on the whole bike. Then maybe a grandkid some day will learn to ride on it also ... Just my opinion.

Otherwise eBay & craigslist have tons of 50-100 bikes probably depending on where you live.