View Single Post
Old 04-23-20, 08:57 PM
ocsawdust

Bikes: 85 botteccia, 85 mcmahn tiatainium, 90 something trek clyde, early 70s schwinn tandem single speed, early 90s gary fisher aquila (the daily rider now!)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Craig’s list, can be such a blessing.........and a curse. I have a feeling it’s going to be a big buyers market in the not to distant future. It’s spring cleaning and now it’s offload to get some cash since so many are not working. Within the “older / vintage” category I’ve seen an uptick in my local. Some super high prices and others not wanting to spend a lot of time selling so selling for real cheap.

Craigs list could almost be a thread in its self. After a long time I somehow stumbled on the “ bundle duplicates” box on the left. How did I miss that for so long? Bypass many of the multiple postings. Talk about the fast lane.... I’ve found the word “rigid” , “vintage” are good search words. “ New posts today” is a separate search. If I want to see stumpjumpers, well.....”stumpjumper” or “stump jumper” or just through ,” specialized”. Many other words, “ diamondback”, ”hardrock”, “rockhopper” all need to be searched as 1word and 2 words. I forget offhand but there was a bike I saw that was being spelled wrong consistently so I started following that lead. However a poster posts is how you have to look. After awhile you pick up on who’s been trying to sell the same bike for the last 9 months or maybe it’s a scam? Then when you think you might have found something you might like, another comes on the radar, then another. Could be some super scores at some stupid prices.

oh Craig’s list......a blessing and a curse!