View Single Post
Old 04-24-20, 08:39 AM
mfsb904

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by subgrade
Out of those options, I'd go with Trek FX2. It's generally not the best idea to get the lowest spec of a bike model. But you can look into the other brands too - there's very little differnce in component quality between brands at a given price point, but you might find one that looks and rides/feels better to you.

Regarding tires, you can swap them out for as big as the frame permits anytime if you want to; that's an easy and not expensive upgrade that may change the way a bike rides more than anything else.
Originally Posted by travbikeman
To some of us, bikes are becoming less of an investment and more of an addiction. Be careful when the N+1 disease hits!

If you had the funds for it, I would suggest the FX3, that is great bike that you would not really be wanting to upgrade much anytime soon.

IF you get a chance, look at the Giant Escapes, Cannondale Quick, Scott Sub Speed, etc, etc, etc......then make sure your aspirin or Tylenol is ready, cause you may end up getting a headache looking at it all.

BUT, if you are comfortable with the LBS, they are treating you well, and offer you some services, then that is as good as getting a bike that fits and you would enjoy.

BUT, YOU need to choose which bike fits and feels better to you. All of us are just going to give our personal opinions about things we like and can afford.
Thanks for your replies. I don't know much about bikes so I'm not sure what components I should be looking at to make the decision of whether to increase my budget. I preferred shifting gears in the sirrus 2.0 vs. the FX1 but maybe this feature changes within the FX line. I also preferred the chunkier tires, but I would have to look at the cost benefit of changing tires vs buying a bike that already has them. Any beginner tips on how to select would be great. With covid, it's a bit hard to try many bikes so I'm trying to narrow my selection down.