View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 06:36 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1558 Post(s)
Liked 2,037 Times in 991 Posts
It's been a bit of a mad house over in my area--not selling any frames mind you (ugh)--selling a zoo of components. Today was a big selloff, and it was parts I hadn't even listed! They were what I would term "my parts" as I have parts that I like and employ for builds, but ultimately sell with the build, never collecting any. "My parts" are usually 7800 Dura-Ace derailleurs, brakes, and BL-R600 brake levers. 7700 cranksets etc. But hey, when you have to lighten the ship due to employment situations on one end, and being ready to potentially sail that ship far away, you do what you gotta do.

That has meant taking bikes apart, funnily enough. Six "runners" became four, but we're back to five now, with the sixth at the precipice of either full disassembly or full reinstatement. And heck, if nobody's buying my for-sale bikes, I'm going to ride them! I may be trimming the fleet level, but man, do I just love all the bikes, you know?

The '74 Paramount bottom bracket shuffle extravaganza is complete, and now commences the front wheel truing for the millionth time trial. If I can find some cheap wheels to mount to at least one of my for sale frames, I will be putting that bike together for sale. It's a bit of a chicken and egg game.