Thread: Culture change
View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 07:07 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by rossiny
I think you might be normal to have toilet paper and running water and functional Plumbing however how is normal that people are jet-setting all over the world and burning petroleum like it's never going to run out? I had a union painting and wallpapering job as a young man fir about 2 years. You has to install so many rolls of vinyl wall caving , it was commercial rolls and 54 inches wide. There was an unwritten rule that if you could not do the production of 99 yards,about 2 large hotel rooms with double king size beds , you basically were let go. Even as a young man I knew the job was good money but never could be sustainable. After a few projects bug lay offs came. That is the economy and " normal " craziness that I speak of..
I think most jobs are like that today. If a car company does not have a certain number of cars roll off assembly line and sell off the lot lay offs. But the question needs to be asked is it sustainable and when will it all crash. Look at this relatively short shutdown how many jobs lost . if we have a great depression I don't think people know how to grow vegetables, and jar them the way they did in the 1930s. I think would be scary indeed .
I think you are mistaking normal and sustainable… Today it seems that society thinks and sees , what IS viewed, as normal, is NOT really that sustainable, but IS, being viewed as normal, and sustainable... JMO . A bit convoluted I know but it makes sense to me...
Likes For 350htrr: