Oneder
Banned.

Bikes: Wahoo of Theseus, others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
This reminds me of a quote from John Wooden: " It is what you learn after you know it all that counts". It sounds like you are about at the point of learning about what counts.

The quote from Sheldon Brown essentially said to use the correct brake levers for your brakes.
No you obviously didn't actually read the thread before commenting, which is exactly what a know it all would do. The sheldon brown quote contradicted what he said earlier. Someone had said v brakes require new cables and levers to work properly and he went off on them for no apparent reason and accused the guy of being a crook and/or incompetent, then said I accused him of being a liar when I pointed out they would not work properly with the old levers. And the sheldon brown quote specifically said to never do what he suggests as it is dangerous.

The last thing I want to do is portray myself as a master bike mechanic but anyone who romanticises 25 yo shimano cantilever brakes is having a serious case of nostalgia. I had shimano cantis from 1993 on my yahoo when I got it and could not be happier once I tossed those things and it's laughable to to point the finger at me when they were so obviously garbage.

Last edited by Oneder; 05-02-20 at 04:58 AM.
Likes For Oneder: