Old 05-03-20, 06:02 AM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassmanbob
Sorry if I gave you the impression that you were discouraging anyone from any kind of riding. I know you did not intend that. And yes, my body is a better indicator of how far I should push myself when needed. I was surprised how I did begin to get caught up in the "keeping up with the Joneses" on Strava.

Have fun and ride safe.

Yep...and it's such an insidious event because there's such a fine line between friendly encouragement and peer pressure...toss in the self-worth factor?...and somewhere in there you could come up with a recipe for trashed knees! LOL!

In the thread title I mentioned "Moderation" and that it's just (something to consider) and I did so because some cyclists are about as OCD a breed of folk as I have ever met because it's just not real typical to spend 10 hrs riding a $10K bicycle and I've known more than one person in my life who spent gobs of cash on a bicycle thinking that because they dropped so much ca$h that it would motivate them to ride...and it did...for a little while...until they hurt themselves...and I had yet another coworking friend whose $10K bicycle cost him his marriage...cause it was the 2nd $10K bicycle he bought and garaged...so yeah..."Moderation" LOL!