Old 05-04-20, 09:00 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
So I had my first badluck with my TL setup this Saturday - I rolled on broken pieces of a glass bottle (youngsters and their delinquency...) while riding on the shoulder of a nearby road and it made 2 small punctures (1-2mm). Sealant wasn't able to do it's job and it sprayed everywhere.

I ended up putting a tube instead (thanks to my girlfriend for the towing service) & am now hesitating between the 3 options (#1 would clearly be the one I would go with...). I don't have the tools required at home to play with TL setups.

1) Patching the tire from the inside - I heard it was feasible?
2) Replacing rear tire with the same one (1 week for my LBS to order it + a few more days to install it)
3) Replacing the 2 tires with non-tubeless ones (quite expensive...)

What do you think?
1-2mm punctures should be child's play for a decent sealant - what was in there? Was is old?

If you've got the tire off already, or you have to take it off to remove the tube, you might as well patch it (just like you would with a tube, though I don't think that you need to scuff up the surrounding area - just make sure it's clean). But at 1-2mm, I'd be tempted to just re-mount and put in some good, fresh sealant.
Likes For WhyFi: