View Single Post
Old 05-04-20, 10:42 AM
DesmoDog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 44 Posts
Here are a few from the shop I worked at in the '70s/80s. The first two are on the same bike. Apparently I bought this bike (1988 Rockhopper Comp) around the transition and put them both on. Excuse the mess, this bike has only recently been pulled down off the hangers and is now awaiting TLC and a few mods to make it more older guy user friendly.

The older version:

The shape of the later sticker worked better on chainstays but made it hard to see the phone number!

I also came across a third version, these were never attached to anything, I may put one of them on my newish China built "Schwinn" cruiser.

I think that location is a pet shop now? The bike business was purchased and moved. It became "Tonka Cycle and Ski" and the funny thing (to me) is, they moved to a location a couple doors down from where the first Schwinn shop I worked at used to be. So, Tonka Cycle now uses the same parking lot as Hopkins Schwinn used to, right at the Hopkins/Minnetonka border. (Hopkins Schwinn burned down one night decades ago, long before Tonka Cycle moved).

With all that's going on now and thoughts of retirement building, I've been missing my bike shop days lately...

Last edited by DesmoDog; 05-04-20 at 10:45 AM.