View Single Post
Old 05-06-20, 11:24 AM
sharkwaffles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by melikebikey35
Have you tried contacting the seller? I'd reach out and tell him that you know that he sold you a fake and demand a refund. If he refuses, threaten him with legal action. He stated that he bought the frame from Canyon (which he clearly did not), so unless he can provide documentation from Canyon proving that he did, he committed fraud.

Let him know that you filed a police report, and that you are reporting him to Canyon and Zipp (who can sue him for trademark infringement). Hopefully that scares him enough into giving you a refund.
So, I filed a police report and did exactly what you stated. He refused to refund and said he didn't care if I reported him to Canyon/Zipp as he is a private individual that big companies wouldn't waste their time/resources on. I was also contacted by the police last night. They basically explained that there wasn't anything they could do as it was a private sale and my only option was to take him to court over a civil dispute... Once the pandemic passes I'll take it to my LBS and hopefully they can help me weigh out my options.

On the bright side, I just got back from a lunch break ride and broke 3 PRs haha. Probably out of anger but none the less, I'm still getting faster.