View Single Post
Old 05-09-20, 03:12 AM
Jipe

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 247 Times in 211 Posts
As said, why not just try to buy it online on the new Pacific Cycles online store ?

Shipment is not an issue, it works.

Now of course, buying from Taiwan add extra costs: shipment price is relatively high (but not huge: I paid 200USD for the shipment with UPS of my Ti Birdy from Taiwan to Europe with an insurance for the price of the bike = 6500USD, it took 4 days in total to be delivered) and there will probably be taxes to pay.

But the R&M Birdy models are very expensive, more expensive than the Pacific Cycles models so the total price with shipment and taxes might be competitive.

The price of the R&M Birdy is I guess one of the reason for the lack of commercial success of the Birdy.

The R&M Birdy models are all much more expensive than most Brompton models, Brompton is very popular (and is an excellent folding bike with a lot of advantages) and Brompton has a big dealer network. Its difficult for the Birdy to compete against Brompton for high end folding bikes and for low end, there are many options that cannot compete technically but are much cheaper.