Old 05-13-20, 11:31 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Kudos. I did something similar yesterday, but instead of power data I used relative pressure on my hands.

The SLT is my most aggressive fit, with a steep seat tube angle and probably 4" of drop from the saddle to the tops of the bars, so if I don't keep the pedals heavy I can get a lot of pressure on my hands. The end result was my heart rate about 10-15 bpm over my usual endurance effort and probably my quickest ride of the year in average speed terms.
Nice. My pace was decent, too, even with some soft pedaling while evaluating the puncture situation. I will say that there's one more benefit for me - this greatly diminishes that previously stated need for more route variety. Who needs new scenery when you're doin' the Froome and only looking at the power figures on the head unit?

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Welcome to my world.
Ha. And remember how, just a day or two ago, I was saying that it was a struggle for me to have an average power above 220w in the metro area? I guess I was wrong - I was at 226w over the two hours. The funny thing is that it really didn't feel any harder than usual.
Likes For WhyFi: