Old 05-14-20, 07:43 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28731 Post(s)
Liked 1,874 Times in 1,330 Posts
First tractor activity in a month that I didn't have to bundle up to stay warm.

Normally I would put my cold weather clothing away for months, but there's still a real possibility this will be a year without summer.

And I have bird content.

I was on the tractor, going backwards in a spot between two trees, or I might have missed seeing this little bird on the ground. It was only a few feet away, just sitting there, so obviously not behaving normally. I came around again a minute later, this time got closer, and the bird flew, but again something was wrong because it landed just three feet up a small bank on the other side of a four lane road. Not a place a normal/healthy bird would go, with cars buzzing by so close.

I wasn't sure if it was hurt, stunned, or what.

Really not anything I know how to do as far as bird rescue, but I felt bad about it being there. I decided to finish mowing the section of lawn nearby and then check to see if it was still there.

Several minutes later, I went over there, and yes it was sitting on the bank. I reached down to see if I could pick it up, and it flew back across the street.

Well, that was about all I could do for it anyway, put it in a safer place. So that's my attempted bird rescue story.