thebankman
Stooge

Bikes: one of each

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today's commute and school day: great

This was the innaugural commute with my road bike. The commute in is easy downhill and I took about two minutes off my usual time even though I went slow and took my time to keep the sweat at a minimum. Unfortunately after locking the ride and walking away my broken leg started to hurt a good deal. The leg and I suppose the bone itself throbbed for the rest of the day (10:30 to 9:30pm departure). Just walking from building to building or around the classroom I proctored made that stupid leg hurt with a capital H!! Needless to say the return trip did not bode well for me.

That's when I got back on the bike and clipped in. As soon as I started rolling and put my butt on the seat the pain went to the back of my mind and it was time to focus on the ride. Taking the same route that I've been using for the past week (a new route that includes three blocks of sidewalks due to dangerous traffic speeds in the area), I'm not sure what my return time was or if it beat my 35 minute record last time I timed it, but it seemed to fly by. Focusing on the ride instead of the pain made the trip bearable. Then, switching up one of the streets I take, I found a secret pedestrian path between two houses, this just made my whole day finding something that I never knew was there and probably never gets used.

Four blocks from my house there's a choice of easy route or hard route, at this point it's a no brainer, THE HARD ROUTE, the two hills made me forget all about the stupid broken leg and by the time I came to a stop on my doorstep all the clothes on me are covered in sweat, not one piece of my torso is dry.

A pretty crappy day of agony ends well. Good night all, time to load up on protein and carbs yum

Cheers, Al