Thread: 27 1/4" Rims?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 06:33 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 304 Posts
Vintagebycycle, wow is all I can say. That is amazing and true craftsmanship. I am impressed. My Rigida rims are not that nice, must be a basic model maybe? There is something wrong with the rear rim though as I manage to get it mostly true but then watch it spin from a side view and there is a serious warp to it. At this point I want to still be able to ride it so I'm buying new rims and will keep the old ones in the event I can fix them one day.

Thanks again guys, the knowledge here is awesome. After browsing through a ton of posts yesterdayI see that almost all your bikes have new rims so I think that's the way to go. They are a very important part of the bike so why try and work with old technology that I don't really have the experience to rebuild.I like the Sunrings or Velomine option as they look a bit retro and I don't want them to stand out too much. Current rims are 36 spoke, and it's a 12 speed bike so if anyone can confirm I can mount my cassette on those or similar rims I would appreciate it.I have extra Continental tires from my newer road bikes I can use.