View Single Post
Old 02-08-06, 10:01 AM
sean36

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife decided she wanted to try her first mini triathlon coming up in june, it's the Danskin 12 mile ride 3 mile run and I believe half mile swim. We need to get her a bike as she doesn't have one currently. Can't afford to go right to a tri bike, plus she will be using this as a "fun" bike also. Right now we are looking at a KHS urban extreme, it is a chromoly reynolds frame with shimano sora parts and shimano 224 shifters etc...was thinking of adding tri bars and away she goes. Bike can be had from a local dealer here in Austin for 550$. Are we heading in the right direction or is this not a good choice. I have heard from a couple of dealers that a steel frame bike is the way to go for distance riding as it will handle the bumps better and be more comfortable overall. Please let me know if this is the right way to go, or maybe some of you out their have a used bike that would work or know of a better deal on a new one Don't really want to go over the 550$ dollar mark Thanks, Sean in Austin.