Old 05-19-20, 02:23 PM
mister704

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
Fit and rider comfort are your highest priorities, at least in my humble opinion. A bike's spec level, or components included, or financial value don't matter much if you don't like to ride it. So finding a size and fit that you like are key. I hope the Fairfax you bought does fit well and you enjoy it.

As far as the bike goes, it's a fine bike. Very typical for its price point, it has an aluminum frame, carbon fork, a 2x "road" drivetrain, and hydraulic brakes. The drivetrain is an interesting mix of Microshift (front der), Shimano (rear der), KMC (chain), Sunrace (cassette), and Marin house brand (crank). I'm sure all of this works well together. Bike components, and bikes themselves, really, are commodity items -- everything is pretty similar in terms of function and durability, given a specific price point, and you're not going to find a real "bad apple".

Congratulations on your new bike. I hope you have many happy miles with it.
I appreciate the kind words. Yea I made sure to go properly to my height and etc. Now to get a helmet and I should be all set. Hopefully, it actually ships and doesn't come back saying its out of stock so fingers crossed on that one.
Likes For mister704: