View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 05:01 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Just try and forget smartphones for a moment. I apologize if I brought us to this unimportant tangent. I do use Strava but really never open up it on my phone.

As I mentioned, I don't even use my phone for really anything related to cycling, for any app. Except maybe Epic Ride (Darksky weather mixed with a RWGPS route)..and I guess the Garmin app shoots off my ride details after I hit save on my head unit. I also don't give a hoot for any of the leaderboard, KOM stuff. I think I've already said I use it for my own ride and health analysis, and I use the segment stuff for comparing myself to myself.

I'm not a Strava domestique, but will say that of the 3 apps I do run (on my PC) - Garmin Connect, RWGPS, and Strava, I do like it best for metrics presentation and performance tracking. FWIW, I also pay for Ride wGPS, for the map generation and because my club relies on it. As others have asked in this thread, what else is out there that offers similar functionality and reporting and doesn't cost more or now costs less?
Connect.

Honestly it's like a better version of Strava if you don't care about competing with strangers.

Unfortunately you have to use the desktop version for the power curve.