Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,973 Times in 1,408 Posts
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Well, I moved my saddle back a bit more, and it seems to have solved the knee issue. No more hot spots on the pelvis either. I think time will tell if the saddle works for me or not, but I think it is the one. I do still feel a little uncomfortable on it, but it's not painful or anything. Plus, I figure if ISM is telling people that it will be uncomfortable even if they're experienced with multiple-hour rides, I imagine it'll be even more uncomfortable for me at first. One thing that I do find interesting is that it seems like my hamstrings are being activated more with this saddle. Usually my quads burn out first. The saddle also really punishes you if your pelvis isn't rotated anteriorly. I still feel a little bit uncomfortable on the width of the handlebars, but I'll give it some more time before I change anything else up. As of now, I'm quite happy with the setup!
For the hams, it might be more saddle position and height that help them work. That's what I find. Sometimes on long rides, I'll switch muscle groups, pedal with my quads for a while, then with just the hams for a while. Lower load on your quads is good. Did you also lower your saddle as you moved it back?