Old 05-20-20, 08:40 PM
SlvrDragon50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
For the hams, it might be more saddle position and height that help them work. That's what I find. Sometimes on long rides, I'll switch muscle groups, pedal with my quads for a while, then with just the hams for a while. Lower load on your quads is good. Did you also lower your saddle as you moved it back?
I did not lower my saddle since I think my body isn't really changing position. Before I had the saddle between my thighs even though it's supposed to be noseless, so I moved the saddle back without moving my butt back if that makes sense. Though, now that you mentioned it, I may lower the saddle a hair. Previously when I had the saddle lowered so that I could do a full heel pedal, I was getting knee pain so I raised the saddle to correct for that. That was with the improper fore/aft positioning though so I'll give it another shot with a slightly lowered saddle tomorrow.

I'm definitely happy with more of a hamstring workout since when I squat in the gym, I feel that my hamstrings are my big weakness.