Old 05-21-20, 04:12 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Back pain with Camelback

Just got in from a long road trip-about 3500 miles round-trip-and my back was killing me every single day from hotel beds to just driving for those kinds of distances.

Once home and safely esconsed in my own bed (a full range of motion tempur-pedic knock off) my back pain was gone-until I started riding again

I have used a Camelback for years and it does not seem to give me any problems on my mountain bike when I am more upright, but my last couple of rides have been on the road and my back has been killing me to the point that I have had to set up numerous times mid ride which is agonizing and making me wonder if I can even complete a 10 mile ride

I am mainly cleaning up my diet and trying to eat right now without doing much in the way of additional resistance training or calisthenics. I'm thinking that I probably already know the answer but would like to confirm that I need to strengthen my back and core muscles because while I am blaming the Camelback a little-a 10 or 12 pound pack should not put undue stress on an otherwise healthy body I would not think