View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 07:38 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 928 Times in 541 Posts
I had the Shamrock 8K canceled the weekend before the race, but all the early shutdown chaos meant I got stranded in New Orleans for an extra day, and Altanta for almost another day, so i would have been hard-pressed to make the start. I was woefully undertrained, anyway. They did do us right and sent us the race shirts and finish-line swag, plus a discount for the '21 race, but I don't think my work schedule will let me compete.

I was dissapointed that the Cap2Cap Williamsburg-Richmond-Williamsburg Century got canceled. The stars had aligned and I my work schedule had me in town for the first time in 3 years. I may do that ride solo this summer, but that's not as much fun as an organized event.

Also the Pedal the Parkway Jamestown-Williamsburg-Jamestown was canceled, it's the week after Cap2Cap, and my stoker is big enough to ride her own bike this year. I missed it for work last year, so we were looking forward to it. (she's been training)

This whole thing has also got my whole industry kinda spun-out and with it the certainty of a predictable, long-term schedule for next year. That likely means more contract work, so no real way to make plans for event participation too far in advance.