View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 02:09 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts
Originally Posted by taco2ewsday
As someone who used to ride motorcycles where darn near everyone waves, I was shocked to find that the same gesture wasn't as common with cyclist, in general it looks like the more expensive the bike the less likely to wave. It bugged me a bit at first but now I just wave and keep going.
It depends on the type of ride it is not the bike I'm riding. If I'm redlining and just trying to keep the bike upright as I've burned all my matches, I probably don't even notice you. If I'm just riding along and we make eye contact (which, based on where I am on the spectrum, I find extremely uncomfortable) and I see you wave first, I'll probably wave back. Unless you're a woman. In that case, I don't want to initiate contact with you because you might find that creepy. I'm a big, burly guy who has had many women speed up when I'm walking behind them at night. Which gets annoying because I have long strides and tend to walk quickly. I usually have to slow way down so they don't think I'm trying to catch them when I'm just walking my normal pace. I've learned from that and try not to scare women and as such don't initiate contact unless completely necessary. Even if you're a man, because I hate making eye contact, I probably didn't see you wave and my social anxiety means I don't wave first unless I know you.
Likes For himespau: