Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
I’m not upset about not getting the bike, I’m upset about driving an hour and the guy acting like it was no big deal and telling me he didn’t think I was coming. I bet someone offered him more money.
Sloar, I wholeheartedly agree with your point of view.and reading of the seller. What a little weasel... he had to say he didn't think you were coming.

I posted about a Colnago Super I was on my way to purchase, having agreed to the seller's offered price, when the woman called me. I told her I had dropped off my daughter as planned and was on my way. She said someone had offered her more to hold it for them, and asked me "how much more" was I willing to pay... She sounded a bit uncomfortable, obviously aware that she was trying to change the terms that we had agreed upon, (and blaming it on her husband). I said I was on my way, as expected, to complete a transaction we had agreed upon a few hours earlier, but felt that if she wanted to sell the bicycle to someone else, for a bit more money, that was up to her and I would turn around and go home. she sent me a text to tell me that the other buyer has shown up, paid $50 more, and seemed happy. the bike showed up someplace, not even cleaned up, for $300 more than I had been asked to pay. Per usual, I had a spontaneous image, of me, sending her the listing, or of sending the seller what I had offered originally. That's all, a flash, and I start looking forward to the next "bonanza"

"You're right, shame on me for trusting a stranger and feeling comfortable with the “deal” we made."
I really hope you were just griping or being sarcastic, and didn't mean anything more...
Yeah, stuff goes wrong on CL, FBM, email eBay etc.
(In fact eB is billing me for a Guerciotti they "say" I sold last month... Some knucklehead pressed BIN and never responded to a single message. To avoid this problem, I always use immediate payment required, except having ADHD, sometimes I forget to change their dang default when re-editing,.. Like I did this time... I hate that.

But anyway, sure some folks are stinkers, but really I have way more good transactions than bad... or I wouldn't engage in most of these transactions...
Cheers, Eric