Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Liked 1,966 Times in 1,402 Posts
Originally Posted by oik01
So as an update, I followed everyone's advice about changing the handlebar. An aero EC70 handlebar should get here by the end of the week.
in the meanwhile, I am wondering whether to go back to my original stems before fidling with it since the shorter stem didn't really really work. Attached is a picture of my most recent position. The seat is quite a ways back now, my saddle to handlebar drop is 5 cm ( but to shifters is more) but my shoulder angle is just 67 degrees and my torso angle is surprisingly 47. I'm wondering if going back to the longer stems will stretch me out a bit and discourage any front end hunching? Thoughts?

and yes, I promise the handlebar is changing. I know best is to do that first then stem changes but in my case Everytime I change anything with the front cockpit I also have to recalibrate my powerpod powermeter and it gets annoying if I make a change a week for a couple months and then I have no consistent power the entire duration ... So if there's a clear answer like ( yeah stem too short or no this looks fine for comfort) I'd rather have it now. My available stems are 100 mm 7 degrees, the original 110 mm 7 degrees, and a 100 mm 17 degrees ... Current one is 80 mm 7 degrees
If it were me, and of course it's not, after the new bars come I'd try a -17° stem, maybe 100mm, and put all those spacers above the stem, that latter just to see. If the spacer change works, eventually have the fork recut.