View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 12:48 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
How much time did it take you to get up the hill?

3.5 w:kg is good for a recreational rider. You won't come near cat 1 with that, but most won't. To go much beyond that is going to take time and effort. You said your background is lifting, I'm assuming you don't have years of miles behind you.

At 11% body fat I wouldn't be looking to lose any weight either.
13:03 is my PR on that hill (goal is 09:22) and yes, I have already cycled more this year than all of last year together and more than twice as much as in all of 2018 for example. No, if I get to above 300W FTP I will be very happy, I would say that is my goal, it is a nice number and something that looks achievable. Beyond that, depends where I am really at at the end of this year, the first with proper training. Living in the alps, I want start climbing mountain passes.

Oh but I am not massive. I picked up lifting because I did not want to be skinny any more, not because I wanted to look ripped, and the last year lifted for strength, not hypertrophy. Cycling I have been doing for years, but never with proper training nor consistency (e.g. half a year over winter and some months before/after I did almost no cycling at all).

Last edited by ZHVelo; 06-03-20 at 12:54 AM.
Likes For ZHVelo: