Old 06-04-20, 10:20 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8, Biria 700C ST-8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 510 Times in 324 Posts
My rule is never to wave at anyone, bike or car and never trust what’s being waved at you. Three recent examples from my neighborhood.

1) there is a busy crossing of a main road and a bike path. I was going east and stopped. Another cyclist was going west and started waving the oncoming car to go ahead and cross. When I yelled at him, his response was “I was waiting so he could go”. My response was something like “FU, I was not waiting and you’re waving the car into me?“ Stupid.

2) I came up to where a path crosses a busy road. Normally I would just wait. But this time it was A Sheriff waving me go ahead. So I did (against my normal rule) and turned left onto the road in front of the Sheriff figuring he was being so polite he could follow behind me to the upcoming intersection. But no, that pig had to use the half block to pass me on the blind curve. I yelled at him that the pass was dangerous. At the intersection we both stopped. He rolled down his window and was saying that it was safe. Safe in a 3 ton cop car I guess. I yelled more and went my way with my finger in the air. He turned off in another direction.

3). Another time, I came up to a three way stop. A car arrived about the same time I did. So I stopped. Put my foot down and stopped. He looked at me, I looked at him. After what seemed like a pretty long time, no waving or signaling I turned left in front of him and went. Thankfully he turned and didn’t follow me or it would have been like the Sheriff all over again

what can I do?