View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 02:08 PM
Aleks_m
Aleks_M

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok thanks for the info T-Mar. I’ve done some more research on the Swedish part of the web and found some interesting information I thought I’d share with you.

Yes DiegoFrogs, it seems Centurion was widely sold in Sweden during the 80s. and 90s. In 1990 there was even a Swedish Centurion company: Svenska Centurion in Hisings Backa. In 1992 the catalogue was from a German company: Centurion Renner in Magstadt and in 1992 from a Danish importer: Aage Krøll A/S i Vallensbæk.

The two most popular models in Sweden were the Super Le Mans and the Le Mans. The Super Le Mans had the Tange infinity frame and wheels with Araya rims and Suzue hubs. The gears were Suntour Cyclone 7000 with Accushift and a Sakae FX SLP crankset. Brakes from Dia Compte.

The sister model Le Mans had a simpler Hi-Ten singel butted frame, the shifters on the stem and in Sweden they were equipped with a rear carrier and mud guards. The colours were most often black or mouse gray.

I feel pretty sure that the bike I have is the Le Mans adoptet for the Swedish market. It makes sence since it has the brand name on the down tube, lacks water bottle bosses and has identical down tube cable stops.

I would post you the link to a Swedish page with pictures of the Swedish adapted Super Le Mans and Le Mans plus the info I just gave you, but can't do links yet. I have however uploaded the pictures in my galler.

Question is, which would be the most equivalent US model to this particular Le Mans?