View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 02:20 AM
Chester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts

Took a few photos of my Nano after what I think was my last ride on it.

Got mine in the Fall of 2011 and rode it tons. Mostly daily commuting but also a good bunch of 20-30 mile urban rides. Some longer. Kind of loathe to let it go as it was a trusty ride for so long but I haven't regularly ridden it for years.

I've gone rather overboard with the N+1 principle and I not only have 7 bikes, but 3 of them are mini velos, including this Nano. I've got like 3 bikes too many, one mini velo too many. So this is gonna go to a new home where it'll get ridden as it should.

I never got around to changing much on it. Handlebars got switched to a mustache bar. Pedals to MKS GR-9 and Half Clips. Saddle with houndstooth pattern from a Felt Curbside. Crane Karen bell. Dorky handlebar mirror. Changed out rim tape and expanded valve holes for Schraders and it has a Schwalbe Kojak on front and a Primo Comet on back.

Had always wanted to switch the shifting to bar ends and also upgrade the brake calipers and levers but never got around to that.

In conversation with a staffer at an LBS I go to, I found out he was really wanting to get a mini velo. Swung by today for some stuff and he took it for a spin and loved it. So I'll sell it to him for cheap. Like the idea of helping him get a mini for cheap, and my old mini going to an avid rider.

If you made it to the bottom of this, what do you think is a fair price for a stock Version 1 Mercier Nano?

(I'm going to strip off the parts and put it back to stock, aside from the tires. Going to move them to a Sundeal V2 mini that I got much more recently and hope to ride more.)
Likes For Chester: