View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 09:46 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,780 Times in 902 Posts
Rode the Rawland out Mass. Ave. to Lexington Center, then continued on past the North side of the Battle Green on Bedford Street, continuing to the aptly-named Hill Street. Took that past the Poor Farm and continued on the Paul Revere Road roller coaster to Mass. Ave., Eastbound this time, and cranked up the big hill to the Stone Store, after which I whizzed down the big hill and rocketed past the Battle Green again, on the South side this time, past 3 kids waving signs. Rolled on down the hill back to Arlington, through numerous mostly small demonstrations, and one respectably large one in Arlington Center. 16 miles of a hilly little ride through Arlington and Lexington.

Arlington Center: lengthening shadows, warm weather, moderate traffic. All the cool kids peeled off on the Minuteman.

A safety poster at the Arlington High School worksite.

Lexington Poor Farm: a little history with a dab of cognitive dissonance to go with it. The end of Hill Street, Paul Revere Road next.

Mass. Ave., Lexington: Eastbound, with hills both real and metaphorical to climb.

Up, up, to the top of the hill and Stone Store, then getting back all that potential energy as speed in a great rush. Good thing all the traffic was Westbound, in the other lane.

Lexington, the Battle Green: every once in a while I notice just how tall that flagpole is. Three kids with signs are a little farther along.

Mass. Ave., Arlington: all the kids with signs who weren't in Lexington apparently went to Arlington. At one point, as I was riding into Arlington Center, I rang my bell and received a startlingly loud cheer.

Time to put the Rawland away.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: