Old 06-09-20, 11:57 AM
McMitchell

Bikes: Focus Mares CX, Rocky Moutain Sherpa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think Iride01 did not read my original post?

I can understand that I may have caused some confusion by posting pictures of MTB and posting confusing information.....

Yes, my foot hits the seat getting on & off bike. Not a real issue until I am tired after a long ride. Maybe the “hitch in my get along comment” threw a bolt into the works? Just a more descriptive way of explaining that older back/legs may cramp after a long ride. The seats on gravel bikes are typically a little further back than on road or Cyclocross bikes, especially those built for racing. My Focus bike was built for racing, which I thought I might get interested in when I bought it. I might have done a little more research. I may have found that races for my age group are limited.......

Quote from original post.......
“I have issues getting on & off my bike. My bike is a Focus Mares, CX, Cyclocross bike.

I have taken a few spills, as a result. Frequently when I am tired and just try to toss my foot over the seat. Yes, the seat seems to block my foots path. When I bought the bike. Focus did not make a medium frame, only small & large. The bike I bought is still closer to medium size than small.

My back may have “a few hitches in it’s get along!“ I just switched back to drop bars as a few “older“ people seem to think drop bars might actually help with back issues. I had been using to a riser bar. I was hoping more hand positions might help too. I do use a 110mm, 17 degree, extension tube, which I turned up vs down when I switched to the drops.

I am curious about Gravel bikes, many seem to have frames that follow MTB geometry more than road bikes. They may have lower top tubes. They also seem to have a more elongated frame. Might this help my issues getting on & off bike?

I ride paved/gravel roads. I live in a mountain community, with gravel on the pavement, which can be sandy/ pile up in areas. I also ride a real gravel road frequently. Lots of tight turns up & down Hills....”

Last edited by McMitchell; 06-09-20 at 01:06 PM.