View Single Post
Old 06-09-20, 10:27 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,781 Times in 903 Posts
Took the Surly Trucker DeLuxe for a 34-mile ride through Arlington, Lexington, Bedford, Carlisle, and Concord, one of the variations of the North Bridge loop that takes Monument Street outbound and Reformatory Branch inbound, with the Minuteman coming and going. Kept a relatively fast pace on this one, took fewer pictures in favor of more sustained pedaling. The only record of Monument Street, for example, is the smile on my face from riding those rolling hills.Still, did take a few photos at natural pause points.

Arlington Center: the road traffic does seem to be getting livelier.

The Minuteman, where the masked meet the bare-faced, was anthropologically interesting but permitted good time to be made.

At the Lexington-Arlington line, an anxious Arlington fish worries about the REQUIRED mask demanded by the Lexington sign. If he had a mask, how would he put it on without hands?

Depot Park, Bedford: uh, guys... ? Started looking for a discreet tree, can't say I ever found one.

Just before crossing the River into Carlisle on Rte 225, took a quick detour to the boat launch area.

Bedford, Route 225: Oh boy! It's a BMW Isetta! One of the post-war bubble cars! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Perhaps they don't make 'em like that anymore for a reason; in this case, I think it's a misbehaving choke. Good thing it's easy to push.

Reformatory Branch, Concord: I've never seen more people on this trail, including families with little kids on bicycles, and one aggressive nitwit who buzzed two of us in rapid succession on a narrow part of the trail with no warning. That being said, there was serenity to be had if you knew where to look.

Reformatory Branch, Concord: the pinball segment of this trail never ceases to amuse.

Well, that felt good, as Krishna used to say. Here's some proof of safe arrival.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 06-15-20 at 08:48 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: