View Single Post
Old 06-11-20, 06:05 PM
MiPeGr

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by reverborama
On a bike tour through Germany I stopped in a couple of shoe stores and simply asked "Fünfzig?" The answer was always "Nein."
Absolutely...about 15 years ago, when I was gearing up for a long-distance backpacking trip, it took me longer than it should have to stop asking "do you have X in a 14" and start asking, "what do you have in a 14"?

(Side note: Vasque Breeze GTX fit my feet like a glove...no break-in necessary, and happiness for 100's of miles. Sadly, I outgrew those, and they changed the last for the newer GTX II and GTX III models...still haven't found anything better than the originals.)

On to the topic at hand: my Bont Riot+ MTB's in a 49 Wide arrived yesterday, and they're just barely the right length, and a bit too narrow. Gonna see if the 50 Wide gives me just that extra bit of room such that heat molding them will get me the fit that I want.

For reference, I did trace and measure my feet according to the procedures that Bont and Lake describe. According to Lake, I'm a 47 Wide. According to Bont, I'm a 48 Standard. Neither of those things are true.

Maybe we should all be posting tracings of our feet to compare actual foot shape to shoe sizing in different brands.