View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 05:52 PM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
I have an Edge 520 + and for now it's only purposed for one bike. I purchased mine simply for the fact that it was on sale at MEC for $199 Cdn in addition to having full routable maps with turn by turn capabilities. That being said, I'm still getting acquainted with the device but find it convenient to create my own routes using ridewithgps.com, uploading them to the unit as well as logging my rides. As mentioned, there are no bike profiles to speak of but instead there is the provision of a sensor pool and at least a dozen sensor selections to choose from the drop-down menu. You can give each sensor a title appropriately identifying a specific bike. As long as you have a different sensor attached to your road bike the 520 + will simply add it to its pool and actively connect to which ever bike is being ridden. One could also set up one or more activity profiles, identify them by name, color and default ride whether it's road, mountain, gravel, mixed, commuting……and change the field displays accordingly.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/...h-mapping.html