View Single Post
Old 06-15-20, 01:09 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
SethAZ thanks for the technical update on your front wheel. I'm checking out this rim manufacturer for a wheelset buildup in the near future. I had not heard of this manufacturer. I've been wanting to build a very aero rim into a wheelset. Vuelta makes a very nice wheelset called the SL37 that I believe would work fine for a Clyde. It uses twelve 4mm aero spokes in front and twenty 4mm aero spokes in the rear. The rims are aluminum at 37mm deep. Years ago I mounted a Vuelta 26" MTB wheelset to my MTB and never had troubles with it. It used twenty four 3mm spokes for front and back with a deep V aluminum rim. Totally bulletproof for mountain biking. Never broke a spoke or had any rim failure. That MTB wheelset was 2mph on average faster than my older traditional style wheelset. Now I'm going to look up the necessary components and prices and for a carbon aero build. Never ending fun.