View Single Post
Old 06-17-20, 02:22 PM
BezO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Tires are a big deal to me. I'm also looking to replace my "regular" bike because of the restricted tire width. I'll be mostly on city streets, but potholes and debris are norms. So I'll very likely stick with 20", and I'm disappointed in Tern's frame issues. The Node is/was a strong contender because of the 24" tires.

I've been taking note of the folded specs and need to measure my trunk. My guess until then is that fitting these in a trunk won't be an issue. Office storage won't be an issue for me, but my wife hasn't seen her future office space yet.

Unfortunately, my favorites are all heavy; 30+lbs. Not the most important factor as we won't be carrying these much. But like I said, my wife will be splitting her commute between bike & train initially. There will be stairs as not every station has elevators. I've seen rollers & backpacks for folders and will investigate this more.

I actually didn't think about proprietary parts. I'll need to look into this. At minimum, I'll likely want to swap comfort parts like bars & saddle.

And yeah, getting test rides will be ideal.

Thanks again!