Old 06-19-20, 08:09 PM
dr_max

Bikes: BMC SLC01 Promachine with full DA grupo on Ksyrium ES/ BMC Roadmachine 01 One disc Ultegra with DT Swiss

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
Interesting stories. I’m 170 lbs. and I rode 3 tires Continental GP S2 (23 mm) on rear wheel for a total of 30.000 km. Pressure around 100 PSI, on roads with little below average quality (I think). I had only one puncture and no pitch or sidewall issues.

Am I a lucky man?
I rode Michelin ProRace2 for like 5 years,
then went to pro race 3, started noticing they worn faster and had multiple flats with ProRace4

switched to continental 7 years ago, never had any flat with the 23cc tires ever, used the same pair for 2 seasons had almost 10k kms on them, then Inread à study that 25cc had less road contact and absorbed bad tarmac vibrations better. Switched to 25cc and had 2 or 3 punctures from sidewalls.

2 years ago I switched to 28cc with my new BMC Roadmachine 01 One with disc brakes and had 2 sidewalls blowout from the tube herniating through the defect, even made a crazy descent with a partially herniated tube on the front tire without knowing before it blew out when I pumped to 100psi.

I used to go downhill at over 100kph on some descends I knew well but cant do that anymore with what I know from their sidewall fragility.

Today, just had a sidewall puncture on a new pair of Continental GP4000s I had left in stock. Changed the tire on a passing road with a lot of 18 wheelers passing fast and burning under then hot sun at 38 degrees Celsius. Will try the 28cc 5000 but will search something with better sidewall protection as the roads are getting crowdy since I can’t ride in Vermont from the borders being closed because of COVID19.