GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,434 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Think I enjoy wrenching on bikes as much as riding them. I get kind of depressed when they are all working perfectly. When that happens I start upgrading.

I swapped a modern motor into an old car, got harassed mercilessly for going carb instead of fuel injection. People told me I was old (true enough), afraid of "technology" and computers. Had to laugh, funny what some people consider technology. Truth is after a day of debugging radars at work all I want to do at home is something involving a hammer or welder.
I find working and maintaining my bikes a major part of the experience. And the reward is when i'm riding and it shifts perfectly. I pass by the LBS fairly regularly on my rides and they have as 3 week wait for repairs. I couldn't imagine not being able to ride for that longs. I've already done a few tuneups on neighbors bikes. Had one person who was walking by and saw me in the garage and if I can look at their bike.

And as far as working on old cars, I work on vintage VWs as a hobby and build engines. Carbs, points and solid lifters are what works for me.

And for high tech... this still have a vacuum tube in the power supply.
Likes For GlennR: