Old 06-22-20, 07:13 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Not sure when I'll do a team ride. Things are opening up everywhere and folks are out and about like nothing is going on with the numbers. Still no official racing but team up north of town seems to be doing group rides now. There's spittle and breathing and such.

Ugh. I don't know.

Other thing is I'm short on training time in general. The drive up there eats up a lot of time.

How do you guys handle team rides and very small "vertical disturbances" to the route? Like 15 to 20 feet here and there. Does the leader gently hit it just a touch to yank folks over and not lose speed or do you all kind of yo-yo over them as the leader keeps identical pull power? I've always thought the ride smoother if the leader gives it the beans just a hair for like 20 seconds to pull the group over that stuff since they have the draft. I think some boys in the group just don't want to do that, or can't.

My Z2 solo rides average out Z2, but over that stuff I'll hold Z3,4, or 5 for a few seconds here and there to "smooth out" the ride. I'll also generally go over actual hills in SS power and down them at low Z2 upper Z1. It's only like 2 to 3min of SS. Not going to kill anybody. If I can ride a metric century alone and do that, certainly a group could.