Old 06-22-20, 08:09 AM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Korina
Nice bike. Stumpys are/were Specialized's racing mtb., hence the light and nimble. My RockHopper is the next model down, then HardRock. All are great bikes, but Stumpys are harder to find, as they were used and used up by pros who usually trashed them. Enjoy your ride!

Yeah, they are great frames. This is my fourth. Back in the 80s I built up a Stumpjumper Sport that served as my tourer/commuter/car till I retired in in the mid 90s to buy an A1 (Aluminum) Rockhopper. Toured with that one as well. My elder son's present bike is a '91 Stumpjumper that I built for him (townie bars, Shimano dynohub, mix of shimano and Suntour components) and had powder coated a light blue. And now this '95 Very Red that I think I'll keep around for a bit. The stable is now nearly complete, as I'm toying with looking for a $250-$300 MTB. I've seen immaculate Rocky Mountain Elements, Scott Pros, etc. going in that price range.
v