Old 06-26-20, 03:17 PM
Pactin

Bikes: Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Looks too small to me. I'm the same height as you, proportioned about the same. I ride 52-54 cm frames, my 52 probably fits me best.
Thanks for the response! It definitely helps to get input from someone of similar build. I figured it was small, but strangely I don't believe I feel any negative effects.

Sacrificing? That would depend on what you want to do on the bike. In general people are more comfortable and can ride a little further and a little faster on a properly sized and fitted bike.
General purpose road riding and some very rare hard pack dirt roads. Majority of my rides are 20-40mi, and less than 2k feet of climbing. With this setup I feel no pains or abnormal muscle fatigue, but I'm wondering if there is power or aero to be gained in a larger frame.

On occasion I will do climbs with 4k feet ascents, so I guess additional comfort and proper positioning on descents would benefit me there.

Keeping this bike, you might do a little better with a 120mm -17° slammed stem. Cheap and worth a try.
Never thought about this. Wouldn't this place a lot more weight on the front wheel?