Old 06-30-20, 09:37 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3255 Post(s)
Liked 2,545 Times in 1,523 Posts
Originally Posted by smontanaro
You are. Don't worry about it. Personally, I appreciate you outing stuff on Facebook. I've had a love/hate relationship with FB and have generally only used it to see what my extended family is up to. Consequently, despite having spent a career as a software engineer, I am often left scratching my head when it comes to identifying vintage steel bikes there.

I enjoy outing bikes/frames which wind up in collectors' hands. a year or so ago a big (66cm or so) Colin Laing I outed on Classic Rendezvous found a new home and just the other day a 56cm Randy Smolenski did as well. Like you, I tend to keep my mouth shut about bikes I'm pursuing. I think that's understood by everybody. Even if a bike or frame is my size (most aren't), I'm generally not in acquisition mode. Also, flipping the script, people have called my attention to bikes or frames I eventually purchased. The most recent example of that is the Eisentraut Limited which briefly passed through jeirvine's hands.
I live on the other side of town/the river from Thumpism. If there is a bike on our local CL that he or another BFer in the general area might be interested in/their size range, I won't out the bike. I ride a smaller size than the other two.