View Single Post
Old 07-01-20, 12:02 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1624 Post(s)
Liked 2,244 Times in 1,117 Posts
billytwosheds Thanks for you comment! Greatly appreciate pointing out the brake lever leveling. I like to think I am open minded to suggestions. I thought I was cataloguing for myself!

WRT the lever placement, I am considering going back to this HB for the reasons you state.
P1030033 , on Flickr

Because of the larger radius of the current bars, I had to select a compromise location. They are somewhat flat, as seen in this lousy picture. I did slide them up and down and decided to position them at least parallel to the top bar. The other consideration is the angle of the flats. I rotate the bar to ensure the top is nearly flat without causing the flats to be too steep. I know, just use a different bar. I was just trying to be more C&V. I have about 4 Giro d'Itialia bars in the stash. All are 26.4 along with the stems. Much smaller selection of stems at the right length. I may have to finally resolve this situation with acquisition and sales!
P1030403, on Flickr

Not a great picture for the intended subject, but this is the Pinarello with 1st gen Ergo. It is quite comfortable but you can see that the lever body is inclined upwards from the HB. It works but I would like better.
CConversion95, on Flickr

Last edited by SJX426; 07-01-20 at 12:06 PM.