View Single Post
Old 07-01-20, 02:57 PM
JeffreyS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Some pretty reliable anecdotal evidence suggests that the source is Tano of Japan, who were perhaps best known as a Centurion supplier. There are two schools of thought on the dating, but either way it's from late 1983 and almost certainly a 1984 model.

You can upload photos to the site now. You don't have to wait. They won't attach to a post but they will be deposited in a gallery album where members can view them. Myself or another member can assist by copying them from the gallery album posting them in this thread or posting the link.
Thanks, T-Mar. I'm grateful for the additional info. 1984 is about when my 12-year-old self got my first new bike. I vaguely remember that it was a Murray bike. More importantly at the time, it was red. Alas, it wasn't anywhere near the quality as this Shogun, and I am certain that it hasn't aged as well.

I do see that the photos that I uploaded of the Shogun (but wasn't permitted to post) have appeared in a gallery album. Anyone who wishes to is welcome to post or link to them here.
Likes For JeffreyS: