Old 07-01-20, 04:20 PM
branko_76 

Bikes: ........................................ .....Holdsworth "Special"..... .......Falcon "Special".......... .........Miyata 912........... ........................................

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 423 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Even if you think not, that’s no reason not to give the best possible answer.
I don't think there is a "best possible answer".

Is it going to be used for commuting, racing, errands, touring, a conversation piece ?

The op stated the following....

.."I have a 73 Supercourse tt, and I love it. I rides so nice. Fast, responsive. Best purchase of any kind I ever made." ..............

............."There's not necessarily a NEED for the best Raleigh model out there, as much as a desire not to get something known to be inferior to one of the better ones only to have more problems with it. Am looking for my first vintage Raleigh & want it to be a really good one, to last a very long time. With that said, I'm preferring one of the better models. I've read around online & the Professional, along with others mentioned, are known to be better. And no, no one's putting anything in my head, it's what I've surmised from the reading I've done, questions I've asked, etc. Just want the best for the money I spend.".....................

The 73 Super Course and Professional are two completely different bikes, different frame geomtries and different tubing, not to mention the components. If he likes the Super Course so much and thinks it is "fast and responsive" (in my opinion, neither is true), he may not like the tight frame geometry and twitchy steering of a true racing bike like the Professional. Had the op asked "what is the best racing bike" or "what is the best general purpose bike", this may be a useful thread to the op and others with similar questions.

My humble but restored Raleigh Super Grand Prix is a "really good bike and will last a long time". It's perfect for some of my needs such as running errands, commuting, blowing off steam and loaning to friends. I don't mind locking it to a parking meter for a couple of hours. My Holdsworth is also a "really good bike and will last a long time", but I don't use it the same way I do the GP.

Last edited by branko_76; 07-01-20 at 04:24 PM.