View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 11:28 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
I'd say gold myself, but only if it matches. I'm putting blue tape on my white C'Dale with blue lettering. And blue housing too. Since it is for my daughter it is all about the looks.
I know who to look for out there now too. That Basso is hard to miss. Maybe we need to do a vintage ride and I can bring out my Zilioli. Italian frame and all Campy SR pantograph. Not as clean as the Basso though.
The Loto photographs well, but up close it has plenty of little imperfections... perfect for carefree and hard riding. I'd definitely be down for an appropriately socially distanced vintage ride or meet up. I've been trying to meet noglider for a while now, without success.

Originally Posted by Wildwood
I went maroon on one, yellow on another. And have tried Pale Blue and Light Grey - which both often get mistaken as white-ish.
always cloth on vintage, generally Neebaums..
I really like that Pale Blue, and the Grey as well. Cloth tape is great, but I usually like a little more cushion and tacky grip for colder weather.

Originally Posted by juvela
-----
all of these posts, discussion and pictures yet you have not as yet let readers know what colour cable casing you envision employing...and no one has seen fit to inquire
there is a scrap of black poking out of the top tube in your pictures; is that going to be it?
-----
The piece of black is just a placeholder that came the the frame, but I'm planning on doing black anyway. I mentioned that I prefer black because my philosophy on cables is that they shouldn't draw too much attention. Just my own feeling on that (probably shaped by seeing too many ridiculous motorcycles with garish and bright brake lines, which always made me opt for a stock grey). Perhaps blue would blend in even more than black, but matching the exact blue would no doubt be impossible.

Originally Posted by P!N20
Cinelli splash. Can't go wrong.
I respectfully beg to differ.

Originally Posted by SJX426
My first impression was blue. That may be too much. White works as long as it is Fizik. I tried the Fizik tape on the Pinarello and am impressed by how well it stays white. It has been 6 years and it still is very acceptable. This picture is from 2018 with 4 years on it. Lots of commuting, probably 5k miles. This is the 2mm thick stuff.
Which type of Fizik tape is it? As I mentioned, I like my tape a little more tacky (like I do on my tennis racquets). I tried some Deda Mistral tape, and while it looks nice and stays pretty clean, it has virtually no grip to it. More recently I tried the 3T Corius Team and so far I really like it. Very tacky.