View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 11:40 AM
Tycho Brahe 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
If Gaimon does it in 16 minutes, it probably takes me 32. I don't remember being worn down by it, but it's not very long and the ride there isn't hard coming from where I live. That's why Baldy is so hard to me, by the time I get to the hard part I already have at least 5 k in the legs.
That's my timing as well. Double the KOM since you have many strong riders out here like Gaimon. My time is 32:37! That usually places me in the middle of the pack, but I am far deeper on this segment. It is the selection bias of the tough segments, only the strong will attempt them. Only did it once, which was this January, need to try again.

I also agree with you about Baldy. There are technically tougher segments, but many things about Baldy make it more challenging. You are at elevation, so oxygen starts to get thinner. You have many feet of climbing to get there. And then the thought about the chilly descent!

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
you're both completely nutzo and i'm certifiably cuckoo as is everyone following this thread. climbers are a special, mutated breed. effing diphthongs.
You have made all these climbs. I see you on Strava.