View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 09:36 PM
jwls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
The 324 don't look out of place on my vintage bikes. Typically stop with the clip side up.
Thanks. Not a vintage bike, but glad to know they stop clip side up.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Magped because the cleat connection is a Magnet.. https://www.magped.us/?v=7516fd43adaa
Do you use these? I've been curious - what aspects do you like / what are the drawbacks etc. How do you find the tension /release for lack of a better term?

Originally Posted by Tacoenthusiast
The combo pedals are generally junky, go all in or just stay with flats
He is looking for the option of flats when taking the bike on short errands / out with kids etc.

Originally Posted by Steve B.
I’ve used a pair of the 424 on my commuter for years, no issues.
Thanks! It looks like the pins are plastic?

Originally Posted by Tacoenthusiast
I've used the a530 Shimano pedals and they suck, no grip on the platform side and only having the clips on one side was a pain in the rear

Glad yours worked for you
I saw these and was hesitant. I didn't see any grip on them. Preferred the look of the EH500 as it appears to have grip on the flat side. Not sure which way they spin when not in use though.
It might actually be best for him to stick to flats at this point. He is primarily joining me on road / trail rides (right now 2 /week of up to 2hours each - likely increasing as time progresses ) and then short jaunts where he would want flats (/week?). Any recommendations for flats that wouldn't be out of place on an endurance road bike? I could get him swapped to clipless over the winter riding on the trainer

Thanks for your thoughts!