Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Age thing

Originally Posted by 70sSanO
I’m 68
Man, John. You're OLD. (You're older than me by 4 years.)

To be clear, I don't mean that it's an age thing like older people are grumpy or stupid or not with the program (though I think I confessed to one of those earlier, but I'm old and I forget). Nor that younger people are any of those things. I mean that there are almost different age-generated cultures at work.

I've been engaged in the prosecution of financial and consumer fraud now for almost 20 years. In those years I've seen a big change as one generation--that grew up in business, sometimes working for their parents' in their grandparents' businesses, that learned business not by MBA but by actually doing business--passed the torch to younger people who typically were new to business. And of course the consumers "coming up" generally know nothing of the history of the way business is done. My kids only know the business transactions they've engaged in. It's anathema to them (as to some here) that any producer would ever distribute instructions. They're 30 years younger than me. Something changed markedly in that 30 years, and now what should be unacceptable behavior has become acceptable.

That's the only reason I asked about age.
Likes For Elbeinlaw: