View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 09:42 AM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 318 Posts
I put the item in front of my house window about 15min before they are due to show up and watch it. The buyer usually sees it when driving so they know they are at the right place and the sun helps kills off any germs. I also wipe down the commonly touched areas (grips, stem, top tube, saddle) before putting it out. I keep my garage closed unless it is a more expensive item $500+ and I have joined on test rides for the more expensive bikes. Once you find a real buyer, it's not hard to sell. It's the scammers and low ballers that make it annoying. Even if the ad says cash only, expect questions about venmo or paypal. Lately, I've been just happy if the buyer reads my full ad, there have been several instances where someone didn't read what I am selling. For example, disk brake only wheels doesn't mean that they work with rim brakes.

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
5) Never negotiate price over the phone or via e-mail. I rarely if ever discount from my asking price.
This probably comes down to your list price, but as a buyer I usually negotiate over the phone / email as the seller will have a strong advantage if I have already driven 30min or more to see a bike. I think the same when I sell and the buyer hasn't negotiated previously. I've had to explain this to sellers who say that they won't negotiate previously. 5-10min away, sure I'll wait and negotiate in person.
Likes For katsup: